Diversity Service Centre
The Diversity Service Centre is a central institution of the University of Bayreuth for the promotion of diversity and non-discrimination.
The Diversity Service Centre, together with all actors in the area of "Equal Opportunities & Diversity" is committed to
- Recognising and appreciating diversity
- Promoting equal participation opportunities in studies and work
- Eliminating and Preventing individual and structural discrimination.
The focus of our work lies on the diversity dimensions or discrimination categories covered by the German Constitution, Article 3, and the General Act of Equal Treatment (AGG):
- ethnic background and racist attributions
- religion and worldview
- disability and chronic diseases
- sexual identity.
In addition, our work takes into account further categories that are also relevant to discrimination in the university context:
- social background,
- social and economic status,
- child and elder care, as well as
- outward appearance.
In our practical work, we pay special attention to forms of discrimination that arise from the intersectionality or interaction of several categories of discrimination.