Diversity Service Centre
The Diversity Service Centre is a central institution of the University of Bayreuth for the promotion of diversity, inclusion and anti-discrimination.
The Diversity Service Centre, together with other university institutions, is committed to
- recognising and appreciating diversity
- promoting inclusion in studies and work
- eliminating and preventing individual and structural discrimination.
Our core responsibilities
Our responsibilities in the area of diversity, inclusion, and anti-discrimination include
- Strategy development
- Coordination and implementation of measures
- Information and advice for students, employees, researchers and university institutions
- Further education and training.
The focus of our work lies on the following diversity dimensions or discrimination categories and their interconnections:
- disability and chronic illnesses
- ethnic and cultural background, racism
- sexual identity
- religion and belief
- social background.