Diversity Service Centre
The Diversity Service Centre is a central institution of the University of Bayreuth for the promotion of diversity and anti-discrimination.
The Diversity Service Centre, together with other university institutions, is committed to
- recognising and appreciating diversity
- promoting equal participation opportunities in studies and work
- eliminating and preventing individual and structural discrimination.
The focus of our work lies on the following diversity dimensions or discrimination categories:
- disability and chronic illnesses
- ethnic background, racism
- sexual identity
- religion and worldview
- cultural and social background.
In our practical work, we pay special attention to forms of discrimination that arise from the interaction of several categories of discrimination.